Get Involved, Make a Difference!

During my time as an undergraduate student, I found my involvement in extracurriculars to be paramount in getting the most out of my time as a student.

Jump forward to Graduate school, I carried that same sentiment with me. However, I was hesitant to get involved as my coursework became heavier, and my time outside of the classroom became busier. Once the Call for Candidates was released to my cohort to run for the MHRM Council in November, though, I felt compelled to run for President. And I am SO glad I did!

Being involved in the MHRM Council has enabled me to further bond with my cohort, increase my leadership skills, and create real, positive, change in the program. 

As President, I have:

• Created, designed, and edited the program's first-ever Newsletter: The MHRM Buzz. This monthly newsletter consists of articles written by council members covering a breadth of topics such as birthday shoutouts, social event information, important dates, and more. 
  • Created Group-Me group chat across all members of the program to enable quick and accessible communication within the cohort
  • Sat in meetings with the Office of Career Management to communicate how the cohort can utilize their resources for maximum benefit
  • Create agendas for and lead bi-weekly council meetings, where the council members discuss how we can improve the program for our cohort and future ones 

I could not have implemented any of these positive changes without the support and aid from the rest of the Council, who have each implemented their fair share of positive change for the program:

• Liv Rutherford, Vice President 
  • Angela Liu, Treasurer 
  • Antwi-Boasiako, Social Chair
  • Jaida Russell, Case Competition Chair
  • Morgan Forchione, Working Professionals Liaison
  • Brandi Bannerman, Alumni Relations Liaison
  • Dhairya Goel, International Student Liaison